Thursday 1 August 2013

Moroccan Caftan

So while researching about fashion in Morocco, I came to learn that their traditional female dress is Caftan or Kaftan.
In Morocco Kaftans are only worn by women, while in West Africa Kaftans are worn by both men and women (the male robe is called the boubou). Moroccan Kaftan robes differ in many ways from their Turkish counterparts. They can be dressy casual to extremely formal, depending on the materials used.

I happened to learn that the most visited Moroccan page on Facebook is "Caftan"  
https://www.facebook.com/Caftan.Marocain?fref=ts


 You can see usually the traditional Caftan is with long sleeves, and its two layered with a belt, but each and every Caftan you will see will be different than the other. with the details, colors and fabric.
 As you can see in this picture the fabric is totally different than the usual or other caftan's, not all modern Caftan's has long sleeves, and they mix fabrics together in an artistic way that would make a woman look like a Queen in those fabulous Caftan Dresses.

 Here are my Top 5 Caftan's from Caftan's Facebook page:


 5. I love the color mix in this amazing Caftan with the details.

 4. This is Short Sleeves Caftan, but you would still look like a Queen wearing it

3. What I love about this one is that its showing some legs in such a classy way
 
 2. This one almost blew my mind, Its a Gold and Black Strapless Caftan, what would make a Princess look better than a Glittery Classy and Fabulous Dress.

 1. This one is my Favorite, The colors, the different sleeves, the details, the belt, the fabric.
I FELL IN LOVE!

I believe every girl in this world need to have at least one Caftan in her closet, to make her always feel like a Queen.







No comments:

Post a Comment