Thursday 20 June 2013

Happy Birthday Lana Del Rey


Today Lana turns 27. and she is definitely one of my favorite.

Her feminine side with all the sexiness, and hot hot hot voice she makes you want to stare and listen to her forever. but she is not only a singer, she write music as well, in fact she thinks she is a Writer first and a singer Second, everything else comes after.


She always knew she wanted to do something different, but never thought of  pursuing singing seriously, she moved to New York when she was 18 and started singing in an Open Mic nights. she loved Nirvana and Bob delyn.

But before all that Del Rey stated that she has suffered from alcohol dependence. At the age of 14, she was sent to Kent School, a boarding school in Connecticut, to get sober. In September 2012, she told GQ Magazine:
I was a big drinker at the time. I would drink every day. I would drink alone. I thought the whole concept was so fucking cool. A great deal of what I wrote on Born To Die is about these wilderness years. When I write about the thing that I've lost I feel like I'm writing about alcohol because that was the first love of my life. My parents were worried, I was worried. I knew it was a problem when I liked it more than I liked doing anything else. I was like, 'I'm fucked. I am totally fucked'. Like, at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person. It was the worst thing that ever happened to me
"When you find everything you love and you lose it, and for me that was music, your ambitions definitely start to change, they have to. My goals have shifted from wanting to become an important artist to becoming an active member of my community. It’s really nice my music is being played and people are taking notice, but music isn’t my primary focus anymore. Not even close. My goal is to be a good person who lives with dignity and grace. I will write again because I have to now. It’s a luxury and will allow me to concentrate on other interests and pursuits. I wrote one album and no-one listened. I’m fine with that. I made an exquisite record three years ago which was perfect for me. I’ve learned to do things just for myself, and the fact things have kind of worked out now is just icing on the cake."
 

in 2011 she released her first single  "Video Games"and it's actually about a man she used to date and how their relationship were, She had to give up her ambitions for a while, she loved him and they had fun, he used to come back from work and play video games, she would watch him while writing her own songs,
This song made her realize the weakness of the relationship, and reminded herself of what she is really longing for



a music video created by Del Rey for the song was posted on YouTube in August 2011. After the song became an internet hit with over 20 million views, her second studio album, Born to Die, was released in January 2012. The album sold over 3.6 million copies worldwide in 2012.
Born to Die reached number one in 11 countries


Speaking about her mainstream success, she told Clash Music in November 2011:
British pop star Cheryl Cole confirmed in May 2012 that Del Rey would write for her new album A Million Lights. Cole described Del Rey as "super-talented", and talked of how she came to the decision to approach Del Rey, saying: "I noticed Lana about a year ago. I was hearing these songs that were really fresh to my ear and amazing and I asked the guy who she was and he said, 'Watch out for her, it's a girl called Lana Del Rey.'" On June 15, 2012, A Million Lights was released featuring the song "Ghetto Baby", written by Del Rey 


At the 2013 BRIT Awards, she won the award for International Female Solo Artist, 

 She is currently working on her third studio album. "It's a little more stripped down but still cinematic and dark. I've been working on it really slowly but I love everything I've done. I've been writing in Santa Monica and I know what the record sounds like. Now I just have to finish it. Musically I've worked with the same three guys," she said. She also mentioned that one of the songs off the album would be called "Black Beauty" and she already knows what the music video for it is going to look like. CANT WAAAAIIITTT, she is always surprising with whatever she come up with, her talent as a writer and a singer is just amazing



 "Young and Beautiful" the soundtrack of the 2013 Fabulous, Amazing, Breath taking  The Great Gatsby film was released as a single 


H&M confirmed that Del Rey would be modeling and recording a cover version of the popular 1950s prom anthem "Blue Velvet" for their 2012 Autumn Campaign


 Happy Birthday Lana, wish you more incredible music, sexy and dark (in a good successful way) songs to write, and a hot fashionable years to come.

xx Cheers





No comments:

Post a Comment